Inthemarket® serves as a medium for buyers wanting to pay for goods, services and information. Inthemarket® is not involved with the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and cannot guarantee that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction.
Users of Inthemarket® should be aware that:
• You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to place an ad or otherwise engage in any transaction on Inthemarket®.
We want our members and users to have a safe experience using Inthemarket®. Any time you engage in person-to-person dealing, you must protect yourself against those who seek to take advantage of others. Here are a few safety guidelines you should follow:
• Request personal information, including addresses and phone numbers (including work and home). If the person does not want to provide you this information or otherwise protests, you should probably deal with someone else.
Ad Content Rules
Inthemarket® reserves the right to review all ad submissions for editorial integrity, appropriateness and adherence to Inthemarket®'s Site Policy. Also note:
1. Profanity: Should the title, description, URL or any other content of your ad contain words that are offensive or profane, the ad will be rejected.
2. Irrelevance: If the content of an ad is contextually irrelevant to the category in which it is listed, then that ad will be rejected.
3. Sexual Content: If the content of an ad is pornographic or sexually offensive, the ad will be rejected.
4. Illegal: Any ad that promotes goods, services or information deemed to be illegal or unethical will be rejected.
Note to Buyers and Sellers
Whether a buyer or seller, you must comply with the following:
1. You may not use this service for any fraudulent activity or purpose, including, without limitation, collecting payment from buyers and not providing the goods, services or information purchased, requiring a monetary investment by anyone at any time, or promote a multi-level marketing position, ponzi or pyramid scheme.
6. You must list your ad in the most appropriate category and may not post multiple identical ads within the same category.
Buyers and sellers are solely responsible for ensuring that goods, services or information listed are appropriate for sale under all applicable laws and regulations. We want our users to have a safe experience. By using Inthemarket®, you agree that you will not offer to buy, offer for sale, request and/or offer information on any of the following under ANY circumstances:
1. Any item or service that is harmful to minors, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
2. Firearms, ammunition or accessories, including, without limitation, scopes and silencers;
3. Switchblade knives, martial arts weapons or other concealed weapons;
4. Explosive devices (or equipment to construct one) or material, including, without limitation, fireworks or other hazardous materials or chemicals;
5. Illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia (including items to grow, manufacture, or distribute drugs), prescription drugs and medical or other prescription devices;
6. Tobacco and Alcohol (except related products for collection purposes only);
7. Items, goods or services that violate any international export law or regulation, including any items subject to the terms of any international embargo;
8. Items that infringe the rights of a third party, including items that violate copyrights, trademarks, publicity or privacy rights of third parties;
9. Stolen or counterfeit goods;
10. Lockpicking materials and devices;
11. Hate material, including without limitation, any material that promotes, glorifies, or is directly associated with groups or individuals known principally for hate or hate speech or violent positions or acts. Items associated with groups or individuals known principally for their hateful or violent positions are prohibited. Expressive media, such as books and films, may be subject to more permissive standards as determined by Inthemarket® in its sole discretion;
12. Any animal, live or otherwise, that are subject to regulations or laws, including endangered species and domesticated animals, as well as any items made from or including any parts of an animal protected by law or regulation. Ads seeking the purchase or adoption of domesticated pets are acceptable on Inthemarket®;
13. Any item that has been the subject of a product recall by a government agency or product manufacturer;
14. Any item used for hacking, intercepting, jamming, descrambling or otherwise obtaining unauthorized access to wire, electronic, cable or other types of communications and transmissions;
15. Human parts, remains, cells and bodily fluids;
16. Government-issued identification documents or IDs, police badges or insignia, and any other law enforcement items (e.g., badges, uniforms, flashing lights/sirens, etc.);
17. Stocks and securities;
18. Listings constituting solicitations to commit criminal activity;
19. Gambling items, including, without limitation, lottery tickets, sweepstakes, pyramid schemes, grab bags, raffles and slot machines;
20. Individual contracts, services, and any item that is non-transferable;
21. Event tickets sold for prices that are in violation of the laws or regulations of the event venue;
22. Non-packaged food items and other food or beverage items regulated by applicable legal regulations;
23. "Adult oriented" products or services, as determined in Inthemarket® sole discretion;
24. Bulk email lists and other mailing lists;
25. Child adoption solicitations and offers;
26. Listings solely for the purpose of soliciting or raising money without selling goods or services in exchange;
27. Term papers, thesis papers, dissertations, and book reports;
28. Any other goods, services or information that violates any applicable law or regulation or which Inthemarket® determines, in its sole discretion, is inappropriate for sale through the services provided by Inthemarket®.
This list may be amended and modified at any time by Inthemarket® in its sole discretion and Inthemarket® reserves the unrestricted right to reject, cancel or remove any ad for any reason at any time.
We encourage our members and users to be proactive in protecting themselves and other Inthemarket® users. If you see a listing that violates our rules or you feel is inappropriately placed, please contact us via the 'Report Abuse' link located at the bottom of each ad.
Federal Agencies FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357) Ad Duration
FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
The ad duration begins the day your ad is placed live on Inthemarket® and continues in effect for the duration stated during the ad insertion process. Approximately 2 days prior to the end of your ad duration, you will receive a renewal notification, at which time you will be able to extend the ad, if you so choose. If you do not choose to renew, simply do nothing and your ad and all replies will be removed from Inthemarket® at the end of the ad duration.
Editing and/or deleting your ad from Inthemarket®
Once an ad is placed, it CANNOT be edited. Review your ad carefully before submission. Members can delete their ad(s) at any time prior to expiration from their Member Control Panel.